Personal Information is information that specifically identifies an individual end-user of the subscription service, such as name, address, telephone number and email address. It also includes information about the individual’s preferences, his/her activity on the subscription service as well as demographic information such as gender and geographic area.
Our subscription service is only available to persons over the age of 18 years who consent to giving us the information requested. Should we unknowingly have collected information from children younger than 18 years and made aware of it, we will delete such information immediately. We encourage parents to be vigilant and protect younger children from accessing or giving information on the internet.
We use your personal information for the following:
- to provide your personal access to our digital platform.
- To maintain, enhance and solve any difficulties accessing the digital platform.
- To prevent unauthorised or fraudulent access to the service and take the necessary legal action should a violation occur.
- To enhance your experience by tailoring content and advertisement by communicating information that you may find of interest.
- To maintain a record of your interaction with The Yoga Llama digital library as well as other administrative functions such as membership and payment cycles.
Collection of information
1. Voluntarily provided information
Personal information is voluntarily provided by the subscriber and includes:
- Newsletters: when you provide your email address, The Yoga Llama may from time to time use this email address to send newsletters about the digital service. You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving such newsletters, but we will continue to communicate administrative emails to your email address.
- User Accounts / Profiles: Our digital subscription requires you to create a personal profile / user account to allow you to download content you subscribe to. The information provided here includes your personal details and preferences as well as your user name and password. You agree to allow The Yoga Llama to access and store the credentials you provide to use and disclose according to this policy. Should you at any time cancel your subscription or close your account, The Yoga Llama will endeavour to delete your personal information as soon as is practically possible and will retain information deemed legally necessary.
- Correspondence: When you contact us by email or through our website www.theyogallama.com, we collect the personal information contained therein and use this information to respond to your correspondence.
2. Passive Information
Information is passively collected from the subscriber.
- Passive information is collected using technology for example server logs, cookies and web beacons and we use this information to administer, operate and improve our digital offering.
- We automatically retain certain information such as your browser’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the nature of the device you are using, and the identifier of handheld devices as well as your interaction with our digital communication (email).
- Should your personal information by any means be consolidated with passive information, we will treat the collective information according to the protection of personal information legislation. When passive information cannot be personally identified, we use this information in aggregate form.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your prior consent, unless in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose personal information to the service providers that we contract in order to fulfil our digital offering to you. This includes, but is not limited to, payment processors, data storage and processing providers, who are required by The Yoga Llama to maintain and protect the confidentiality of personal information.
- We may disclose personal information should it be legally required to protect our property or legal rights, or the rights of others as well as the security of our digital platform.
- Personal information will be transferred to any entity legally entitled to such information during a merger, acquisition, sale or restructuring of the The Yoga Llama digital library as part of the business’ assets.
- Should we host an event or workshop that is sponsored by a third party, personal information relevant to the event will be shared to enhance your experience. The Yoga Llama will, however, not sell personal information to a third party.
4. Social media or other links
5. Location of data storage and transfer
Our service providers, internet subscriptions and data storage facilities are located in South Africa. Should you subscribe to our service from outside our borders, please be aware of the fact that your information is stored in South Africa and that the applicable South African legislation applies to the storage of such information. We also transfer data and information to other regions, based on the subscriber’s location and this information may be governed by the local authorities in that region.
Your security, the security of your information and the integrity of our digital platform is of utmost importance to us. We use reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, destruction, disclosure or misuse, but no security measure is guaranteed to be completely fail proof. To that end, we cannot warrant the ultimate security of your information and you provide the information entirely at your own risk.
Protect your profile and password to ensure that only you have access to your profile and to our digital platform and never disclose this to a third party. Should your login access be compromised in any way, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time and will communicate any update with you through the information provided by you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on: